Why should a manufacturer choose a supplier with exceptional Technical Service?
At CapsCanada® we are proud to have a unique set of resources at our disposal, including our state-of-the-art facilities, our vertically-integrated supply chain and our own unique approach to achieving quality through our Quality Management System. Every company has its own set of resources and corresponding opportunities1; we strive to exceed our customer’s expectations by understanding the attributes that our products must meet and the functions that they must fulfill.
The principles that are critical to a successful Quality Management System include Customer Focus, Leadership, Engagement of People, Process Approach, Improvement, Evidence-Based Decision Making and Relationship Management2. We will briefly discuss a few elements of our Quality Management System that make CapsCanada® a dependable leader in hard capsule manufacturing quality.
In order for our products to achieve optimum performance for our customers, we look beyond just specifications and focus on other elements, such as product design innovation, shifting market demands and building and maintaining customer relationships. Customer satisfaction is the first priority—from raw material selection, Quality Assurance and Quality Control testing to our Field Quality and Technical Service experts.
Our vertically-integrated supply chain allows us to maintain a continuous and consistent long-term supply with full backwards- and forwards-traceability, as well as excellent consistency with our raw materials. This enables us to minimize lot-to-lot variability and provide superior consistency in encapsulation performance.
Before a product is released, for example, we complete a multi-step “finished product” testing process, including:
- Dimensional analysis and measurement of moisture content
- Passing the capsules through an automated visual inspection machine
- Use of sieves that physically prevent defective capsules from entering the box of finished product
- Acceptable Quality Limit (AQL) inspections of boxes containing finished empty capsules
- Random inspections of full boxes that have passed AQL inspection
- Filling machine trials, using a sample of capsules from each lot to test the rectification and separation performance during encapsulation
With over 30 years of experience, we have accrued an abundance of organizational knowledge which employees can utilize and build upon. CapsCanada® encourages employee empowerment by providing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. We are fortunate to have employees who are subject-matter experts in the production, quality and performance of empty hard capsules.
By carrying out continuous improvement initiatives, we aim to improve our processes and our ability to innovate, resulting in products that are able to delight our customers and outperform our competitors. These improvements stem from continuous improvement projects, feedback from customers during pro-active and reactive visits by our Technical Service Representatives, as well as Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) from complaints and other feedback.
In summary, our commitment to the Quality Management System principles of Customer Focus, Employee Engagement and Improvement has allowed us to build on our strengths and continually seek opportunities for improvement, thereby giving our customers the utmost quality in every batch of capsules.
- Evans JR, Lindsay WM. Managing for Quality and Performance Excellence. Mason, O.H.: Thomson/South-Western; 2008.
- What Is a Quality Management System (QMS)? ASQ. https://asq.org/quality-resources/quality-management-system. Accessed March 24, 2020.